As dramatic as this might sound, this has been one of the best weeks of my life so far. I can't believe it is only the beginning to this amazing adventure. As I look to the side I see a community of young adults playing Frisbee, laying on the grass, going out for walks, sitting around having tea, and hanging out like a beautiful, united, miniature society.
I am having so much trouble reflecting and documenting what I have experienced here because it has been so big and so great. I promise more detail in the future. I have learned so much in the past few days to the point where it has been overwhelming.
Here's a list of some of the things I've learned-
1) We are all in this together. We all chose to serve God and to serve God's people and the same fear, anxiety, and excitement that I am feeling, my neighbor is feeling as well.
2) There are tons of amazing people in the world and I kind of just want to meet them all. I've made such great friends in such a short time and I rejoice in God's creativity when forming people.
3) I need to take care of myself first before anybody else. Before I give myself to people I must make sure I have a self to give.
4) I need to stop denying the voices in my head in order to get rid of them as a whole.
5) God is at work in my life and his picture of the plans he has for me is way bigger than what I thought he was painting.
6) I need to start taking notes in order to start avoiding cheap lists and to make my blogs a bit more reflective of what I'm actually experiencing.
7) It's going to be a great year.